dear manish,

though this is way off the topic, for your solution in XP !!!!!!

- please look the way you have set up the power management.
- sometimes in this, when you have something like super saver etc, it may
disable the networking / LAN ports.
- go into this power management (hopefully in the start > programs folder.
- then tweak it.

I have a similar power managment application in lenova desktop - where it is
similar - have 4 power options and one of them does the disabling of LAN by
default (but it has also shows the checkbox, which I had unchecked now) -
when I use XP. Now it works perfectly even in the super performance mode.

hopefully this should solve your problem.

with warm regards

s.sivakumar
chennai