On 12/18/2010 11:25 AM, Rahul Devan wrote:
Hi Nikhil,
I had a similar issue while upgrading from Lucid to Maverick. The problem is with memory space. You must have run out of memory . Try "df -h" if you can access your terminal using the Alt + Function keys.
If this is the issue.
One can log into different tty's by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Fn and log in there. Remove some large files over there and you should be able solve the issue.

Note: You should have very little terminal experience.

I used the Gnome partition manger from a live cd boot to allocate memory. Everything ran smooth from thereon.

Here is a link for your reference: