On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 9:54 AM, Brian D'Souza
<darksideofthem...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My base system is.an Ubuntu 10.10 system. I also recently installed arch
> Linux.
>
> My point is want to know why so much different in setup on the network side
> for both Ubuntu and arch
> 1. In arch /etc/ there is no /network/interfaces file
> 2. Also to start stop networks there seems to be. Different
>
> My question is whether Ubuntu does a lot of customization or just the
> process differs in all distros.

Ubuntu is a more auto configured system good for newbies who don't want to
configure everything and just want it to work.

Arch is the exact opposite. The user here has to configure everything from
choosing the DE to how the network is configured to which applications to
use. So is more involved and for someone that knows linux from deep within.