On 01/26/2011 03:51 PM, Ponkumaran Annadurai wrote:

Hi Manish & Nitesh,

Its happy to see you helping me. I am wishing you to continue your support through out my learning. Moreover in what way can I be always active in this community? Also I want to know about the technical aspects of Ubuntu, since I am a student of Computer Science.

We are always here to help out people.
If you have have any problems, google it (called helping yourself) and if not able to find, shoot a mail on this list.

You might be inquisitive to know the inner workings of Ubuntu or Linux in general. You might want to start learning how the whole packaging thing works. I don't mean you should start learning how to package tomorrow, but slowly and slowly learn it. Learn what is repositories, packages, source packages, binary packages, gpg signing of packages, dpkg, apt. Go one by one in this list.

You should also learn how to socialize in FOSS community as it also helps a lot.
The FOSS community has it's own rules. Like how to ask questions.

The good mailing list etiquettes.
http://www.samba.org/samba/ml-etiquette.html

You can also learn how to use IRC. Learn how to ask questions like
"Don't ask to ask questions".
People usually say "Can I ask one question". That is not the way. Enter the channel, ask the question and wait for someone to answer. Have patience. As a goodwill stay in the channel and try to help someone else. This is how everyone benefits.

--
Manish