Hi

Am researching and then hoping to invest in a long life Linux compatible
laptop
want it to pretty much have the best and latest processor / graphics card
and associated hardware

am an one machine person so this has to have everything. My current machine
is a t60 lenovo - which is fully functional and running well - it probably
has another year life if I am careful (its lived for 8 so far) so am
looking for a laptop that will have the same / similar lifespan

Critical features
1. LINUX compatible from the word go
2. Good graphics card - for production video, dtp, imaging etc
3. High RAM with upgradability
4. Large capacity HDD - and possible upgradability (SSD is a bit expensive
?? and harder to replaces so looking for a 1 TB laptop if possible)
5. Lots of connector ports (not so much that the machine becomes unwieldy)
- suggestions on what is necessary are welcome
6. Sub 14 inch screen
7. Touch Screen is optional (advise / suggestions welcome - am not sure if
this is a key feature as yet)
8. Optical Drive (again optional as this is really becoming only an
archival issue)

***
Suggestions requested along with what you think would be a good price to
pay [money wise i mean :-) ]

thanks

ram
***