Tried it on my Airtel and Jio 4G connections in KDE Neon distro. Very good!

Airtel seems to be limiting it to 10 mbps max (it does this even for other
international mirrors/sites) even though I can get 20-40 mbps on some other
places like Youtube or speedtest.net.

Jio is giving me it's max speed (at least 20+ mbps) and I believe it should
be able to do 40-45 mbps when my device connects to the right LTE band.

Sadly, I don't have a "fast" connection like some folks with 100+ mbps
wired connections, so can't comment more because I already get the same
speeds on existing international Ubuntu mirrors which I mainly use Germany,
France and Sweden mirrors.

Anyone here has a fast 100+ mbps connection who can test and comment?

@Prakash - what do you mean "test before you go live" - will the URL remain
the same after you go live? Can you comment on which ISPs will get the max
speed via the Mumbai Internet Exchange? What is your max upload bandwidth /
speed limit capacity per user/connection? Let's say someone has Jio
GigaFiber - what speeds might they get/expect?

Also I see you are mirroring the security updates which is good (I guess)
so I can replace also "security.ubuntu.com" entries in my sources.list -
some official mirrors do not provide security updates so those are slow.

But good stuff! I hope this mirror stays for a long time.

Thanks!
Vishal

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 12:37 PM, Prakash Advani <adv...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are happy to host a new Ubuntu mirror in India in partnership with
> Mumbai Internet Exchange - https://www.mumbaich.com
>
> This is giving us 250% faster download speeds :)
>
> Before we go live, I need some of you to do testing.
>
> Can you please test and let me know if you encounter any errors?
>
> In your
> /etc/apt/sources.list
>
> Replace
>
> http://in.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/
>
> with
>
> http://mirrors.piconets.webwerks.in/ubuntu/
>
> We plan to mirror all the open source distributions/software. If anyone
> wants to help, do let me know.
>
> Regards
> Prakash
>
> --
> https://twitter.com/prakashadvani | https://www.linkedin.com/in/padvani

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." - St.
Augustine.