Hello,

Recently we've been working in Ubuntu to get a translation team for
the Western Frisian language up and running. KDE has got a reasonably
active translation team for Western Frisian, but GNOME has always
lacked translations for the language spoken in a Dutch province with a
million inhabitants. Now we've got something up and running in Ubuntu
we'd like to contribute the translations back upstream for other
projects to benefit from them. Furthermore, a centralised,
distro-agnostic, place for translating makes it easier for Frisian
users of distributions that are not a member of the Ubuntu family to
help out.

The full name of the language according to the ISO 639-2 specification
is 'Western Frisian'. In Western Frisian we call the language 'Frysk'.
The short codes for the language are 'fry' and 'fy'.
There is no mailing list on GNOME yet, I haven't been able to find out
how to register such a mailing list. We would like bugs reported
against the translations in GNOME Bugzilla to be sent to that mailing
list.

My Bugzilla account is 'qe...@ubuntu.com'.

Regards,
--