On 16/09/08 14:31, Robin Jakobsson wrote:
> Not everyone is on every mailing list/in every group.
> We should participate in the discussion on launchpad and on Brainstorm.

I think that your suggestion is not correct.

As already noted earlier, this is a marketing list, the discussion
shouldn't happen here.

Lauchpad isn't a place for having discussions, but logging and tracking
bugs, it shouldn't happen there.

Brainstorm is about tracking ideas and suggestions, the discussion
shouldn't happen there, though a vote might be appropriate - but
discussions are still in flux and choosing an option before the
discussion is finished makes little sense to me.

The EULA discussion can realistically only be addressed by developers,
so the discussion should happen in a developer-centric medium.

Guess what.

It already is happening right where it is expected: ubuntu-devel-discuss.

If you wish to participate in the discussion, and I encourage you to at
least read the discussion, if not directly contribute, I suggest you use
the list that is already discussing it.

Fragmenting the discussion in inappropriate places makes no sense -
otherwise we'd just have one big mailing list and ask everyone to
subscribe to it.

Ubuntu is a large community and not all participants care about all
discussions - which is why we separate the discussions into appropriate
sub-groups.

If you are not subscribed to a list having a discussion that you are
concerned about, your best action is to become part of the existing
discussion, and not shoe-horn the discussion into a place where it does
not belong.

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S31°54'06" - E115°50'39" (Yokine, WA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..

ITmaze   -   ABN: 56 178 057 063   -  ph: 04 1219 8888   -   [EMAIL PROTECTED]