Sebastian Marketsmueller wrote:
> So my questions are:
> - any good ideas on how we can best achieve that? (we could always just put
> up a link on our download page: click here for ubuntu)

You could put a link as "apt://flashplugin-nonfree". That will install the
package if it isn't installed yet (and that's probably the case if the user is
in the download page) or say it's installed otherwise. That requires apturl to
be installed, but that's installed by default in Ubuntu.

> - is there some way we can help you with your own deb, stuff that makes
> things easier for you?

Sure, release the code under a free software license! :) That way your software
would probably end up in the default installation of every distribution out
there, and maybe Swfdec/gnash developers would contribute to it ;)

Or a more reasonably request: allow us to put the plugin inside the package
itself, instead of using a script which downloads it from your page. I've heard
that's now possible [1] [2], but I haven't looked at it and I'm not very
familiar with licenses and TOS anyway. Do you know if that means we can change
it?

Emilio

[1] http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/05/02/a-look-at-free-flash-in-ubuntu-804/
[2] http://www.adobe.com/openscreenproject/