I have two packages in REVU, one for emergent, and one for libquarter which it
depends on:

http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/p/emergent
http://revu.ubuntuwire.com/p/libquarter

I realize these are a bit late, however we only released version 5 of our
software 2 days ago. I have been working very hard since then. The packages
work in a karmic virtual machine, but not pbuilder (and thus not a PPA). This
is due to a bug where getting libqt4-dev (which includes the mesagl headers)
does not actually allow you to use the QtOpenGL headers. It works perfectly in
a karmic vmware virtual machine. I have also had my own apt repository since
hardy, so the software is quite ubuntu friendly.

I would greatly appreciate it if two MOTUs would advocate my package. I am
available to fix any and all issues. Here is emergent's home page:
http://grey.colorado.edu/emergent/index.php/Main_Page

Thank you,
Brian Mingus
Professional Research Assistant
Computational Cognitive Neuroscience Lab
University of Colorado at Boulder