Hello everybody,

here are the meeting minutes from the last MOTU meeting.

Meeting times
=============

Proposals: either keep time 16 UTC (every 2nd/4th Thursday), or use old
MOTU meeting times: alternate between 4 UTC, 12 UTC and 20 UTC, or use
the RMB meeting times: alternate between 12 UTC and 22 UTC.

Daniel mailed the list to keep the discussion going and come to a
conclusion together.

MOTU School / Packaging Training
================================

The idea at UDS was to have a couple of training sessions throughout the
cycle to provide an entry point for new contributors. Everybody felt
that a regular schedule might set us up for failure, so a few sessions
every now and then, possibly repeating content from previous Developer
Weeks or Packaging Training sessions might work. Q&A sessions or demo
sessions were additional ideas we had. Google Hangout was mentioned as
yet another alternative.

Daniel mailed Bhavani and CCed everybody who showed interest in this.
Please contact Bhavani if you have additional ideas or would like to
help out.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/FAQ/New_Draft review

Bhavani asked for feedback on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MOTU/FAQ/New_Draft
and we brought up a bunch of points we'd like to improve before we make
it the default page.

ACTION: everybody to go and update the page according to their input.

Developer Advisory Team update
==============================

Andrew and Daniel gave a quick introduction into what the Developer
Advisory Team is doing and what's new in the team. In the last 3-4 weeks
we had 5 people joining ~ubuntu-dev and also the first very new people
contributing to quantal. Not much more to update since everybody mostly
recovered from UDS.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/BugFixingInitiative review

The tasks on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuDevelopment/BugFixingInitiative were
agreed on and additional ideas for the next initiatives were brought up
and documented on the organisation page. Expect an announcement soon.

Other business

In the last section of the meeting, we continued discussing the bug
fixing initiative and what's new in the packaging guide.

Daniel agreed to update the wiki and send minutes.

Full log: http://irclogs.ubuntu.com/2012/05/24/%23ubuntu-meeting.txt

Have a great day,
 Daniel

--
Get involved in Ubuntu development! developer.ubuntu.com/packaging
And follow @ubuntudev on identi.ca/twitter.com/facebook.com/gplus.to