On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 7:26 PM, Aditya Vaidya <kroq.ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, just on a side note: I think the version you're submitting to Mentors
> (or wherever in Debian) should be "2.0-1", not "2.0-precise3".

This is the kind of answer I was looking for, thank you ;-)

I knew precise was wrong, but just wasn't really sure what to put
there. I had already guessed 2.0-4 because I wanted to make it clear
that it was newer than the precise3 one (although when I tested the
package, apt seemed to think that precise3 was the newer one, not sure
how it figured that -- I guess it just sorts the versions lexically
and numbers sort before letters?).

I opened up synaptic and pulled up changelogs for a handful of random
packages that didn't have 'ubuntu' in the version number, and they all
seem to be packaged for 'unstable', so that's what I've chosen for
mine, which I've now uploaded to mentors.debian.net. Of course, it
looks like debian is in freeze, so I guess I'm supposed to pursue
acceptance in universe before I'll be able to get it into debian
unstable. Is that right? I filed a needs-packaging bug in launchpad.

Thanks again.

--
http://gottengeography.ca