Coin,

On 2012-10-15 10:14, Ruben Smits wrote:

Currently there is no version of ruby-facets available for Precise,
since libfacets-ruby has been deleted for Precise and its successor
ruby-facets is only available for Quantal, since Precise is an LTS this is pretty frustrating. Would it be possible to also release ruby-facets
in Precise?

Well, i'm not an Ubuntu developper, and I don't really know how things work outside Debian. As Precise has been released, and as this is not a fix for a major breakage or security issue, i don't think there's any chance having it accepted in a point release (i guess Ubuntu has got point releases too).

Nevertheless, I see backport branches exist in Ubuntu too, so it could be solved this way very easily. I don't have upload rights, so i Cc-ed the Ubuntu MOTU list which is the Ubuntu Maintainer for this package.

If you're in a hurry, you can manually download and install the Quantal package which should work perfectly (at least from a packaging point of view).

Regards.

--
Marc Dequènes