For more than two weeks now, I'm gradually downloading the Ubuntu touch
source with speeds of max of 500kb/s. Knowing the true actual and real size
of the repo goes a long way to help me know what data bundle to choose,
which saves the pocket as I get more discount per the higher the bundle.

I'm following the steps here:
https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/start/ubuntu-for-devices/porting-new-device/#anchor2

Which indicates:

mkdir phablet
phablet-dev-bootstrap phablet

Then just below the above, it says:

"This step will take a long time (several hours), as it is downloading
around 15GB of Android sources"

I want to know what the *actual, true, real and specific size* of the repo
is because I've passed even the 17.5 Gig mark and its still going and
downloading something about the Asus device.

I know there are commits ingoing daily, but I dont think a gig worth of
code is sent up per daily basis. Thus I'm sure the actual size of the repo
as of this second can be known.

A friend gave me a couple of tips a couple of minutes ago, as in using the
the -c flag when using repo sync to fetch the current branch. He said he
doesn't actually remember, but his repo is around 10gig+-.

I'm doing the downloading directly using phablet trusting that it'll
download the relevant stuffs, but is it going to fetch everything from the
cyanogen mod repo irrespective of the branch?

Thanks.