hi,
Am Freitag, den 30.10.2015, 23:42 +0100 schrieb Peter Bittner:
> Alright Oliver,
>
> >  (after all it is just QML I bet a community contributed patch to
> > add
> > these controls to the circle would be very appreciated *hint*
> > *hint* ;) ...)
> Why on earth do you first invest four paragraphs essentially saying
> "your ideas, guys, are BS" when you could simply say "contributions
> welcome" and "I'm ready to support that idea at Canonical", plus
> "here's how I think someone should do it in order to have it
> accepted"?
funny, i thought i said that i dislike duplication of features and that
i like the idea of having "now playing" in the circle if the indicator
controls are used.
on the side i pointed out that there will likely not be many resources
to implement a different input UI and that i'd prefer if the few
resources that are there would be used to finish features first.

> What's the point in saying, "I don't like your ideas, but if you do
> it for free who cares"?
where did i say that ?

> I do believe there are enough gifted and/or enthusiastic developers
> here on the list that would love to get appreciated, but if people
> who seem to represent Canonical don't care to find the right words

if i ever represent canonical i use my @canonical.com address.

seriously, do i have no right to have a personal opinion because i work
for canonical or do i need to put fat disclaimers everywhere that i'm
expressing my own opinion as a community member and user ?

also, what did i do to you that you read such harsh stuff into my
words, i just re-read both mails i wrote in this thread again and i see
nowhere any reason to read "your ideas are BS" into the text ...

ciao
        oli