> - I would appreciate maybe a short overview of what storage framework is all
> about. My initial idea is for cloud syncing.

The storage framework is basically a way to provide access to arbitrary cloud
storage services, such as Owncloud or Dropbox, with a single API. It’s built as
a client-server library that provides a storage access API that clients can use
to upload and download files, navigate the contents of the cloud store, etc.
There is also a server-side API that allow new providers to be added to the
machinery. Basically, a provider implementation is a piece of adapter code that
receives requests for file access from the storage framework runtime and then
makes corresponding requests using the cloud service’s REST API. We also plan
to add a local filesystem provider.

With the storage framework, higher-level services, such as backup or syncing,
can be layered on top.

It’s early days yet. The client-side API is still going through changes, and
the server-side API may also still end up with some tweaks. Consider it alpha
code for now.

Cheers,

Michi.