Don't get me wrong, overall this is the best phone that I have ever owned I
just wish it was reliable. However it didn't gain the traction that it was
intended to and that Canonical wanted. That is at least partly to do with the
countless bugs and bad reviews. The phone (the E4.5 at least) is beset with
unsolved/unsolvable problems that make it almost useless as a phone. The silent
texts and calls for one are an annoyance but the power problems are a massive
annoyance. The power percentage is meaningless as it will frequently nose dive
without warning or reason. Moreover it will continue to count down to 0% - even
when plugged in! If you miss it, and it turns off before you can reach a
charger you get another two annoying bugs - radio lock (no wireless and no
mobile) and all internal memory used up which you then have to spend time
almost every day trying to resolve.

I would be typing this on my phone, but I just had the nosedive and turned my
phone off. Now, despite it stating the battery is at 34%, it won't turn back
on, even when plugged in, until it reaches 100% (I just checked my phone and it
now actually says 33%! That's right, even when off, plugged in and charging,
the percentage sometimes goes down!)

Why am I mentioning this? Because this is an officially supported phone, the
first one. This is literally as good as it got. These phones were not a
success, they were afflicted by all sorts of problems. This is why I doubt
there will be any more official ones, and even if there are, why (despite
liking the phones) I won't be buying another and I am sure that I am not alone.

It is also why I fear for the future if they go down the community phones
route. If this is how bad the official phones run, what chance have community
phones? How well does Ubuntu even run on the Fairphone 2?

I remember 10+ years ago running Dapper Drake on my laptop, unfortunately sound
never worked at all but I put up with it because it was better than using
Windows in so many ways. I wouldn't put up with it now. And I fear that is the
only way we're going to be able to use Ubuntu Phones in the future. With lots
of compromises and bugs.

Paul.