64bit and snaps are definitely on the whislist, but we're still working hard to get the fork up and running, before we can add or remove features, so don't expect us to have a working snap image out the door by tomorrow. :)

A hardware OEM partner would definitely be a dream come true, but that's a thing for the future. For now we will be supporting our existing ports (https://devices.ubports.com/#/) and the official devices (BQ, Meizu, Nexus 4). Some of the older devices might not be able to work with snaps and will stay in "legacy mode", but that remains to be seen.

Porting is the way we've been extending the reach of Ubuntu Touch (there are 1500+ devices running our images right now https://stats.ubports.com/) and we will continue to do so. As soon as our new and shiny snappified image hits the shelves, we will also continue porting to new devices, preferably beefy ones that can really make convergence shine.

<shameless self promotion> If you want to help, go to https://ubports.com/get-involved to find out how to join our community. If you want to pitch us a few bucks in order to help us finance a full-time dev, you can do that at https://www.patreon.com/ubports. Every $, €, £, etc helps! </shameless self promotion>

All the best,

Jan (NeoTheThird)