Hi Brian,

Here we go...

Used "Startup Disk Creator" to put the Jammy Jellyfish iso onto a 4GB USB
flash drive. Booted x201 from it and chose "Try Ubuntu" and eventually the
GUI desktop appeared. Went into a terminal emulator window and typed in
"top". System froze after 3 minutes of uptime (according to top).

Tried again. This time waited a bit, waiting to see if it would
crash/freeze. After a little bit of time, chose "Install Ubuntu". Progress
indicator was one disc out of 7. Was typing in Wi-Fi password for
networking when system froze/crashed. Progress indicator was three discs
out of 7.

Tried again, This time not choosing anything. So far 19 minutes have
elapsed without a crash.

Am willing to do more tests, if required...

Also. Would you like me to use "dd" on my USB flash drive, just to rule out
the possibility of a problem with "Startup Disk Creator"? I believe the
relevant command is something like this (can you confirm?) :
sudo dd if=path_and_filename_of_iso of=/dev/sdb status=progress

BW,

Ian

-- Free Software page -
https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software