1) For some years motherboards have offered two boot modes. A newer UEFI mode and an older BIOS/Legacy/Compatibility Support Module mode (CSM). This was necessary because Windows 7 could only boot in Legacy mode. So, you have a motherboard setup to boot an OS installed in Legacy mode.

 2) If there are two or more OS on the machine then all OS must be installed in the same mode. Either UEFI or Legacy mode. Otherwise only one OS will load.

 3) How we load the ISO image is how the OS installs. Load the Ubuntu iso image in UEFI mode and Ubuntu will install in UEFI mode. Load the Ubuntu iso image in Legacy mode and Ubuntu will install in Legaqcy mode.

 3) You must have installed Ubuntu 20.04 in Legacy mode. Otherwise the motherboard would not have loaded it. The motherboard is set to load an OS installed in Legacy mode.

 4) You must have installed Ubuntu 22.04 in UEFI mode. That is why the motherboard did not load it. Until you entered the UEFI settings and selected Ubuntu 22.04.

 5) If you wish Ubuntu 20.04 and 22.04 on that machine then you should re-install 20.04 in UEFI mode.

 Regards grahammechanical (Ubuntu Forums)