On 29.06.2012 20:29, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 08:21:39PM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
>> Le 28/06/2012 21:55, Sebastien Bacher a écrit :
>>> * the gcc 4.7,libsigc,stl issues are still not fixed yet (unity is
>>> build with gcc-4.6 still)

wrong. A workaround was applied on 2012-06-23, in 4.7.1-2ubuntu1. The complete
reversal of the offending patch (with the same effect) is on the gcc-4.7
branch and will get into quantal with the next merge.

Please note that just using gcc-4.6 will help for this particular issue, but
it's not about a 4.6/4.7 issue, but about mixing c++98 and c++11 code.  The
c++03/c++11 support in GCC has always been marked as experimental, and still
is, so you may run into another incompatibility.

There is a discussion going on what can be done about the compatibility, see
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2012-07/msg00031.html, but for now just be aware
that this compatibility is not granted.

>> I've been mentioning that for a few weeks but I've seen no recent update,
>> is anyone working on it? Bjoern just raised the issue in the desktop
>> team, those issues are blocking libreoffice work in quantal for some
>> weeks and we would like to know if we need to invest efforts in building
>> libreoffice with gcc-4.6.
>
> There is work being done upstream in gcc-4.7 to try to fix the ABI for
> compatibility with gcc-4.6 (and with -std=c++99).  In the meantime, yes,
> any packages that are being built with -std=c++0x or -std=c++11 should use
> gcc-4.6 instead.

if this did work before, then this should be ok. But it's no guarantee that
the there are other incompatibilities. The std::list issue is now reverted in
4.7 as well.

  Matthias