On 19 May 2017 at 10:39, MichaƂ Sawicz <michal.saw...@canonical.com> wrote:
> W dniu 19.05.2017 o 11:24, Alan Griffiths pisze:
>> On that basis I don't think we want qtubuntu-android or qtmir-android.
>> Saviq can you confirm?
>
> Correct, anything -android can go, along with anything -gles.

OK.

>>> But that pulls in a lot of stuff, as can be seen below. Do you need
>>> -gles variants of qtubuntu/qtmir? Do you need just "desktop" or
>>> "android" version of things too? WIll you be able to trim down the
>>> dependency stack?
>>
>> There's clearly dependencies that can be trimmed here by updating the
>> remaining packages (Saviq already mentioned that for content-hub). We
>> can put that on the list.
>
> We don't need to keep qtmir either, but I suppose something's pulling it in?

I don't think so, I've manually pulled it in.

> Also, we don't need to *seed* any of that, maybe there's a
> misunderstanding as to what happens with those packages?

Yes, we do need to seed them. Either you are building a product and
these packages are in main, or we remove them from the archive. E.g.
same story with upstart, bzr, etc. We either support these things or
remove them all together. We cannot really develop a thing, throw it
into the universe, and pretend we do not provide support for it.

> Are we talking about demoting them to universe, or removing from archive
> altogether?

Everything that was in touch/u8 seeds will be removed from the archive
unless seeded back into main. We will not have a graveyard in the
universe, as so far there have not been any efforts to keep up the
maintenance of that stack.

--
Regards,

Dimitri.