Hello everyone,

Is anyone up for an Alpha 1 in the beginning of January? Currently we
have January 4th as the date for that, but maybe that needs to be pushed
back a week to January 11th, given that people are probably still going
to be on vacation (or getting back into things after it, at the least).
What does the Release Team think?

To get it out of the way (because it comes up every cycle it seems), I
still do see the use in an Alpha 1, especially with this being an LTS
release, and given the development pace of Lubuntu and Kubuntu (at
minimum) thus far in Bionic, it would really help to have an Alpha. I've
also signed myself up for checklist tracking for this one, so I just
need someone from the Release Team to volunteer to take care of Nusakan
and cron job disabling (the normal stuff). (It would be preferrable if
the person who volunteers for this lives in the USA or Canada so our
timezones aren't drastically different; I've learned that it often
doesn't turn out well otherwise.)

Lubuntu is a definite yes, but if other flavors would like to
participate, please edit this wiki page[1] (or send me an email and I
can take care of it) with updated contact information if applicable and
the location for your release notes. If a representative from a flavor
doesn't respond or edit the wiki page, I'll assume that they aren't
participating.

Thanks everyone, and happy holidays!

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BionicBeaver/Alpha1

--