Hi Lukasz,

On 23 February 2018 at 22:33, Lukasz Zemczak <lukasz.zemc...@canonical.com>
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Some time ago our first release candidate builds for all flavours that
> released with xenial have been posted to the ISO tracker [1] into the
> 16.04.4 milestone.
>
> As with each point-release, we would need volunteers to grab the ISOs
> of their flavour/flavours of choice and perform general testing. We
> obviously are mostly looking for regressions from 16.04.3, but please
> fill in any bugs you encounter (against the respective source packages
> on Launchpad). There is still time until the target release date on
> 1st of March, but for now we're not considering pulling in any more
> fixes besides ones for potential release-blockers that we encounter.
>
> With enough luck the images that have been made available just now
> might be the ones we release on Thursday.
>
> Thank you!
>
> [1] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/386/builds

OK, I've downloaded these two isos:-
f10dfd15204c47177da81a3029c54220 *xenial-desktop-amd64.iso
8513386307089f23f03a924b108740f5 *xenial-desktop-i386.iso

Now I only had enough time to install it on a 32-bit system, a Dell
Latitude D610. I worked my way through my lubuntu-refurbishing-a-computer
notes that can be found from the bottom of this page:-
https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software and the whole
system worked fine although I had to do a bit of searching to work out how
to get internal Wi-Fi working (install packages firmware-b43-installer".

I was going to log this but when I got to this page -
http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/386/builds - it said the
builds were being rebuilt. What is all that about?

BW,

Ian

-- Free Software page -
https://sites.google.com/site/ianbruntlett/home/free-software