On Thu, Jul 07, 2022 at 03:21:01PM -0700, Brian Murray wrote:
> I happened to be looking at long running tests in the autopkgtest
> database today and discovered openjdk-lts has a rather long run time.
> This then resulted in me looking at the autopkgtest-package-configs
> where I found the following:

> big_packages:openjdk-lts/amd64
> big_packages:openjdk-lts/arm64
> big_packages:openjdk-lts/armhf
> big_packages:openjdk-lts/i386
> big_packages:openjdk-lts/ppc64el
> big_packages:openjdk-lts/s390x
> never_run:openjdk-lts/arm64/bionic
> never_run:openjdk-lts/arm64/focal
> never_run:openjdk-lts/arm64/groovy
> never_run:openjdk-lts/arm64/hirsute
> never_run:openjdk-lts/armhf/bionic
> never_run:openjdk-lts/armhf/hirsute
> never_run:openjdk-lts/i386/bionic
> never_run:openjdk-lts/ppc64el/bionic
> never_run:openjdk-lts/s390x/bionic

> Given that openjdk-lts's test results[1] are neutral could we just move it
> to never run?

> [1] https://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/openjdk-lts

openjdk-lts sees security updates every 3 months which carry with them a
significant risk of regression due to the complexity of both the package and
the patches that are included upstream in security drops.  Please do not
move it to never_run, we definitely want to know when these test results go
from 'neutral' to 'failed'.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/
slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org