Hi Erich,

Given the options the Debian maintainer presented, it sounds like they are
not planning themselves on fixing this in the current upstream version.

Having checked that this is the case, I think it's ok for us in Ubuntu to
upload with a new tarball versioned as +repack (or +us - ubuntu source,
analagous to the +ds extension used in Debian), relying on the fact that we
are unlikely to need to sync any critical fixes from Debian between now and
the packaging of the next upstream release.

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/
slanga...@ubuntu.com                                     vor...@debian.org