Hey!

This was reported to me on IRC a few hours ago and I have then
disabled the job temporarily. The reason is related to the migration
of snakefruit to another host (this is happening on the new host that
we're migrating into).

Cheers,

On Fri, 10 Mar 2023 at 16:49, Robie Basak <robie.ba...@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Documentation link:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DeveloperMembershipBoard/KnowledgeBase#Canonical_OEM_metapackage_packageset
>
> devel-permissions@ is being spammed every few minutes with this, so I've
> taken the following emergency actions:
>
> 1) I've attempted to filter all emails from
> root@ubuntu-archive-toolbox.internal from reaching devel-permissions@
> using the list admin tools.
>
> 2) Since the agreement is that the DMB (via devel-permissions@) is
> notified of all changes to the canonical-oem-metapackages packagesets
> and that will no longer work, I attempted to temporarily change the
> owner of these packagesets to ~techboard to effectively disable the
> broken script being able to take any action until such notifications are
> fixed again. However, this didn't work since (I assume) I'm not a member
> of ~ubuntu-archive and to change the owner would need the person making
> the change to be a member of both teams.
>
> 3) So instead I temporarily disabled the _effect_ of the packagesets by
> removing ~canonical-oem-metapackage-uploaders from the packageset ACLs,
> which I do have permission to do.
>
> So right now the entire mechanism is temporarily disabled.
>
> Could someone in ~ubuntu-archive please:
>
> 1) Fix the script to make it work again (presumably, reauth it).
>
> 2) Adjust the script so that reports of changes still go to the DMB as
> agreed, but failures get notified to people who can fix it, rather than
> spamming the DMB who cannot.
>
> Once done we can undo the temporarily disablements I described above.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Robie
>
> On Fri, Mar 10, 2023 at 01:15:03PM +0000, Cron Daemon wrote:
> > The authorization page:
> >
> > (https://launchpad.net/+authorize-token?oauth_token=cfGWvrRnDPJ1QrTbZPlK&allow_permission=DESKTOP_INTEGRATION)
> > should be opening in your browser. Use your browser to authorize
> > this program to access Launchpad on your behalf.
> > Waiting to hear from Launchpad about your decision...
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File
> > "/home/ubuntu-archive/oem-meta-packageset-sync/oem-meta-packageset-sync",
> > line 177, in <module>
> >     main()
> >   File
> > "/home/ubuntu-archive/oem-meta-packageset-sync/oem-meta-packageset-sync",
> > line 168, in main
> >     sync = OEMMetaPackagesetSync()
> >   File
> > "/home/ubuntu-archive/oem-meta-packageset-sync/oem-meta-packageset-sync",
> > line 62, in __init__
> >     self.lp = Launchpad.login_with("oem-generate", "production", "devel")
> >   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/launchpadlib/launchpad.py", line
> > 564, in login_with
> >     return cls._authorize_token_and_login(
> >   File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/launchpadlib/launchpad.py", line
> > 375, in _authorize_token_and_login
> >     credentials = authorization_engine(credentials, credential_store)
> [...]

Ɓukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 Foundations Team
 Tools Squad Interim Engineering Manager
 lukasz.zemc...@canonical.com