Da: Martin Pitt <martin.p...@ubuntu.com>
A: "costamagnagianfra...@yahoo.it" <costamagnagianfra...@yahoo.it>
Cc: "technical-bo...@lists.ubuntu.com" <technical-bo...@lists.ubuntu.com>;
"secur...@ubuntu.com" <secur...@ubuntu.com>
Inviato: mercoledì 4 novembre 2015 alle ore 02:26:02 CET
Oggetto: Re: MRE request: virtualbox

Hello Gianfranco,

Gianfranco Costamagna [2015-10-29 18:50 +0100]:
> I would like to apply for a micro release exception for Virtualbox

Since [1] we actually did away with (most) explicit MREs, and adjusted
the SRU policy to generalize those.

[1]
https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel-announce/2015-September/001152.html

> Upstream:
>
>  - Micro releases happen from low-volume stable branches,
>    approximately once every two months.
>
>  - Stable branches are supported with bug fixes for some years
> (normally 5 years + 6 months or more).
>
>  - Upstream commits are reviewed by members of the Virtualbox Server
>    Engineering team.
>
>  - All commits to stable branches are evaluated wrt. potential
>    regressions and signed off by the Virtualbox team.
>
>  - Unit tests and regression tests are run on multiple platforms per
>    push to the source code repository. In addition, there are more
>    extensive test suites run daily and weekly.
>
>  - Each micro release receives extensive testing between code freeze
>    and release. This includes the full functional test suite,
>    performance regression testing, load and stress testing and
>    compatibility and upgrade testing from previous micro and
>    minor/major releases.
>
>  - Tests are run on all supported platforms (currently amd64 and i386).

This satisfies the current policy, so this looks fine for SRUing.

Martin
--
Martin Pitt                        | http://www.piware.de
Ubuntu Developer (www.ubuntu.com)  | Debian Developer  (www.debian.org)