On Tue, August 7, 2012 7:13 am, Emmet Hikory wrote:
> Len Ovens wrote:
>> I don't find SW to handle 3 or
>> more input streams and do on the fly switching. (I think we used closer
>> 7 or 8 streams... though our switchers had more.. they had access to
>> every
>> stream in the building)
>
>     Assuming one is either willing to play with *lots* of gstreamer
> pipelines,
> or can pre-cache streams in one way or another, freemix can handle this
> sort
> of thing: I've stood behind someone using it to select video at a club,
> and
> they had multiple streams/previews running locally, switching which was on
> the main screen regularly.

Took a while to find any docs for it... in the doc directory of the src
package. freemix is designed to do live showing switching of videos stored
as file on the computer like a VJ. I don't know if it can connect to a
gstream opened by another app or not. But it is not designed for it. It is
only available as a src package right now.

However, I tried looking up VJ in synaptic and that spit out "LiVES",
already in the repos. In it's features page it says "Support for live
firewire cameras and TV cards". I don't know that we should ship it by
default, but extra sw yes.

Comments?

--
Len Ovens