Indeed that moment, when the system asks for sudo password to send
something home (and hopefully not to the entire neighbourhood) is always
a bit scary :D

I circumvent the problem by keeping my production machine off-line at
all time. To synch files across my machines i use a piratebox. From time
to time i do connect the production machine for updates, but the
password it uses is unique to this production machine. The rest of the
time it's physically unplugged.

Now, i do not believe i upload particularly sensitive data (AFAIK), but
for Internet use, i guess kali-linux is a good choice. This way
publishing content is a matter of copying a rendered data from the
production computer to the Internet computer.

Like i recently read on http://cryptoparty.in :
> /Note however, that security is a process, not a tool./

just my few thoughts about it....

--
Set Hallstrom