On 2015-12-15 21:40, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> When I edited the Ubuntu Wiki I also linked to websites outside
> of the Ubuntu universe, but it's not really smart to do so. Take a look
> at Linux audio websites, it's not pleasant to visit them regarding of
> too many outdated and much more dead links. IOW if we link to other
> pages, then they could disappear or in case of YouTube they might not
> available in some countries with a collecting society mafia. In Germany
> YouTube seemingly block YouTube videos false positive, just in case it
> could contain content that belongs to a collecting society, even if
> the content is absolutely free.

That makes a lot of sense. The easy fix is to separate the page into a
main focus with ubuntustudio produced documentation and footer-ish part
with external ones and perhaps a disclaimer that we cannot garantee
accuracy because 3rd part content provider...?

Hosting the files on ubuntustudio.org / ubuntustudio wiki in a html5
player AND on youtube, would be the best, then the users could download
them and watch them off-line, but i don't know if this is possible in
terms of available bandwidth. After all, youtube is a social-network and
we should gather traffic from it, not to it.

--
Set Sakrecoer