Hi All,

As of the 18th February, the Debian Import Freeze started. This means that unless we do something special, the applications in Xenial right now, are the ones that will be released with Xenial in April.

So lets try and make sure that no buggy package slips through to the DVD!

We have now got a package testing tracker set up here, with Test Cases for some of our packages:

http://packages.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/350/builds

So please pick a test case, and run the test and upload your result on the the package tracker. Check in there daily or weekly to see how the testing is getting on, and pick another one to test. Then we can investigate the bugs found, and try and do something about them.

It is probably best to install the development release of Ubuntu Studio to do the testing:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/InstallDevelopmentRelease

You could probably also install it in a Virtual Machine, or from the Live DVD for some applications, but a bare metal installation will be best for audio applications, and also pick up hardware related problems.

Ask questions here if you need to, or find someone on IRC.

Cheers,

Ross