On Tue, 5 Jan 2021, Ross Gammon wrote:

Should we preemptively remove Jamin from our seeds? I assume it's
typical use case of taking over mastering from Ardour is no longer
important?

I have some comments to make:
A) I have been told that the DSP in Jamin is substandard, specifically that the eq has large phase errors. B) I have read lists of the tools used in recent projects and found Jamin is still one of those tools in many projects. So the code may be falling apart but people still use it. C) There is not (that I am aware of) a tool or set of tools that can replace Jamin or at least there is not a tool chain that is a well documented for this purpose.

So I expect that Jamin will be removed and that is ok. It would be nice if we could come up with a Carla Project File that would include a new tool chain for this use. A tutorial would be wonderful as well (with or without Carla).

A quick example but quite old:
https://discourse.ardour.org/t/jamin-replacement/85046/3

But really, it would probably be better to have a list of generic mastering tutorials tha talk about processors by their generic name rather than specific plugins.

--
Len Ovens
www.ovenwerks.net