Sounds like a good plan to me!

I remember having a hard time getting lmms updated in Debian, mainly due
to the old copy of calf-plugins being split out into a separate package.
But it is really meant to be a complete, integrated audio solution with
no need to install anything else. Which is really what our seeds are
trying to achieve anyway.

Way back, we were trying to get some "workflows" documented in the wiki
for the different seeds. We did not get much input on publishing. This
change will probably mean matching changes in the installer graphics and
project website.