On Sun, 2010-08-22 at 16:35 +0200, Dennis Neumeier wrote:
> > IIUC you aren't asking for sync in general, but you wish to record the
> > guitar and after a while Hydrogen should start?
>
> Hm, yes and no: I might use different Hydrogen patterns and they should
> switch
> at a certain time in the Ardour recording (eg different Hydrogen patterns for
> intro and chorus of the song)
>
> > So, I'm not an Ardour and Hydrogen user until now, but I'm experienced
> > using MIDI and non-MIDI sync.
>
> Oh, I was not using MIDI up to now, so please be patient when I do not
> understand something at once :)
>
> > E.g. make a song with Hydrogen playing nothing for e.g. 10 bars and then
> > let Hydrogen play the needed patterns, sync should be done by JACK
> > transport.
>
> Ah... There's something lke "sync by JACK transport". Sounds like this is
> something useful for me. But how do I use it? Is there any easy "first steps"
> for me?
>
> Greets,
> Dennis

I guess Rolf Krüger's reply comes with the information you were asking
for.

Btw. you didn't ask a 'dumb question', you simply asked for something
you didn't know, there's nothing more smart, than to ask, if we are
uncertain. Only stupid people don't ask. I don't like the machismo on
Linux mailing lists, but I like Linux ;).