On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 1:39 AM, Alessio Igor Bogani <abog...@ubuntu.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2010/10/3 Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net>:
> [...]
> >>
> >> Did you try the proprietary nvidia driver?
>
> Please remember that every driver which use DKMS infrastructure (like
> nvidia and fglrx) require mandatory installation of headers packages
> of all installed kernels.
>
> Ciao,
> Alessio

I ran into a problem with this the other day.  Some sort of re-installation
of fglrx had to take place on my computer, but the package would not build
under the -realtime kernel.  As a result, the package didn't builld under
any of my kernels, and I lost my video driver.  I had to entirely uninstall
the -realtime kernel, including all headers, before I could re-install fglrx
to the -generic kernel.
--
-Brian David