thanks guys for all your help.

IT WORKS! after a hole weekend of frickling, about time ;-)
and that with only about 5 ms delay. much less then i expected. the
solution? downgrading to 10.04, then sleepless playing around with the
jack settings and very important: about a hundred reboots (well it felt
like hundred). thanks especially to brian. that helped me a lot!

now i have two other problems: first of all: the input level of the
channels 3-8 (mic / line) is to little. even if i turn up the volume of
all my devices to maximum, there is no cliping light flashing. the
input-level of the channels 1 and 2 (mic / instruments) is fine. is
there a solution? sry, i know, it has nothing to do with ubuntu studio
itself, but maybe you can help me anyway.

i also have a problem with an extern synthie: it produces a slightly DC,
so that the recorded wave is not in the middle (i hope you understand
what i mean). with audacity, i can easily fix it with the normalizing
funktion. but i cant find an equal funktion in ardour. the normalizing
there got no effekt to the slightly shifted 0-db-line.

nice new week!

martin