- kino
- pitivi
- openshot video editor

intermediate

- open movie editor
- kdenlive

- cinelerra
- blender

Lumiera is a fork of cinelerra, but lumiera's project is very far from a usable
software !!!

If you are using cinelerra or blender, you have to know that theses software are
professionnal solutions and they are using only "professionnal" codecs as DV,
HDV, mpeg2 and are not using avchd codec...

for all the users who have an avchd or an propriotary codec camera, the best way
to work is to use EKD free software to convert your file into a good codec
choice to edit them in good conditions with theses software.

All infos here in www.lprod.org

Bye,

Laurent

Selon Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net>:

> On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 21:56 -0200, Stefano Vettorazzi Campos wrote:
> > I agree.
> > But is good add other application to the linux software list.
>
> Full ACK.
>
> OTOH, I never read a flame-war about Cinelerra ;) ... it's very good
> software pleasing everyone, just repository/ codec issues are an
> issue :D.
>

> > 2010/12/2 Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mard...@alice-dsl.net>
> >         On Thu, 2010-12-02 at 21:40 -0200, Stefano Vettorazzi Campos
> >         wrote:
> >         > I have contacted to Lightworks, and they said that are going
> >         to port
> >         > it to linux.
> >         > We have to wait.
> >

> >         I don't know Lighteworks, but I still like to recommend
> >         Cinelerra and
> >         perhaps Lumiera AND for my private needs, lowbrow editing, I'm
> >         using
> >         much more simple apps.
> >
> >         Reflecting on video apps might be very helpful. What are your
> >         needs? I
> >         don't know Lightworks, but Cinelerra 'is some kind of (nearly)
> >         professional' ...
> >
> >         + 2 Cents
> >

> >         --

Bellegarde Laurent, Professeur de SVT, laurent.bellega...@free.fr
Lycée Louis de Foix, Bayonne, 64, France, Euskadi
video libre : www.lprod.org ; Association : www.euskalug.org