On 04/13/2014 11:59 PM, Mike Holstein wrote:

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 4:22 PM, Israel <isr...@torios.org <mailto:isr...@torios.org>> wrote:

    On 04/13/2014 01:17 PM, Jimmy Sjölund wrote:
    On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 5:25 AM, Israel <isr...@torios.org
    <mailto:isr...@torios.org>> wrote:

        On 04/12/2014 10:23 PM, Mike Holstein wrote:

        On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 8:34 PM, Israel <isr...@torios.org
        <mailto:isr...@torios.org>> wrote:

            So... why does the 14.04 installer for beta hang up at
            the 'package selection' portion.
            Has anyone who tested it out experienced it?
            I get a dialog pop-up that has only ?????????
            and I click the button and the installer sits there with
            the 'progression' mouse cursor acting like it is doing
            something... but it simply hangs
            Then I drop to a TTY and sudo reboot
            The installer for 12.04 worked just fine for me on the
            same machine.  I assume it is a bug in the new packages
            part.  Though, I like the idea of being able to opt out
            of, and into certain programs.

        sounds like a bad image.. i would try downloading the
        daily.. and use https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

-- ubuntu-studio-users mailing list
            ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
            <mailto:ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>

-- MH

        likethecow.com <http://likethecow.com>

        maybe... it has been two images.  And one I used zsync and
        still came up with a bad image (after zsync)....
        I will look into it more when I have time

        It looks like you are the go to guy on this list, thanks for
        all your help, I know it can be hard to fill that role sometimes!

    I have installed several times with the i386 iso and there have
    been some issues, but lately I haven't seen any on my
    installations. That said, I haven't run any installation the last
    7 days so it might something new that popped up.

    Hi,
    Hmmm, well something must have changed, as I tried 2 times, and
    couldn't get past the odd ????? dialog.  I tried downloading it 2
    times, and running zsync on the last one to hopefully fix it....
    but it didn't
    What could the dialog pop-up be for?  Is there some sort of
    confirmation dialog?  I tried once choosing (selecting and
un-selecting) packages, and once leaving it completely alone. Both failed. I am on an intel Core 2 (64bit), but I was running
    the 32bit (this is a mac with the horrid EFI they have, and it
    wont detect a multivolume 64bit disc... or something along those
    lines)
    So, I was testing the same version/arch you did.
    Is there any thing showing up in any of the automatic testing for
    the images? (I assume you use a testing mechanism)
    Thanks for your help!!

the testing mechanism: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM

test the sums, if they are not matching, then that is the first place to start

MH

likethecow.com <http://likethecow.com>

They match for the beta (amd64) which had the issue