Thanks for your answers.

In fact, my IEEE HW is not well recognized by Ubuntu Studio 14.04.
So I had to acquire my miniDV tape elsewhere, and got an .avi DV file (DVCPRO, DV Sony).

Now, I would like to split this file as I could split it with Scenalyzer on a Windows system (one file per sequence, based on time code gap between 2 sequences).

dvgrab seems to have some feature about this, but I haven't managed yet to make it working, and cannot connect my cam on my computer.

Would you have an other way to do that ?

    Cyril.