On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 14:31:44 +0200, Hans Schneidhofer wrote:
>Think your ideas are very helpful so I will try out.
>
>Thanks a lot so I hope, I can get rid of that.

Use equivs, to get rid of this pulseaudio dependency issue, for this
purpose it fits better than dpkg-divert.

My control file without annoying wrapping of the MUA looks like this:

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$
cat /mnt/moonstudio/usr/src/dummies/pulseaudio Priority: optional
Standards-Version: 3.9.2

Package: pulseaudio
Version: 2016:07-13-moonstudio
Maintainer: Weremouse <silver.bul...@zoho.com>
Architecture: all

Just care that you chose an epoch or a version for the dummy package
that always will be higher than the version of any upgrade, e.g.
2017 ;).

Next time follow the advices of the digest:

>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>> than "Re: Contents of ubuntu-studio-users digest..."

It's also common practise to trim posts, instead of quoting everything
and to reply below the quotes.

Or much better log in to your mailing list account and change the
setting from "plain text" digest to "MIME" digest, so you could reply
to individual mails, quasi attached to the digest, instead of the digest
itself.

Regards,
Ralf