Hi Alex,

I see it is nearly a month, and you got no response to your query. I
hope you managed to get things going somehow.

On 05/24/2017 02:56 PM, Alex Armani wrote:
> Heya guys, hope you are all well. One thing I've never managed to get working
> with 64 bit Ubuntu Studio. I've not tried other flavours of Linux. I always
> install to the latest general version available {ie not beta or rc's}, but
> have never managed to get Internet dj console loaded up since it was first
> added to Ubuntu Studio.
>
> What happens is I select Internet dj console from the internet menu. I use
> the mate desktop. Could that be causing the problem? I select it from the
> internet menu but nothing happens. Checking with the system monitor
> immediately after booting up. Not even any new processes created. Have tried
> searching on google to no avail. Am I doing something wrong?
>

> aha tia
>
> From: Alex.

I have never used idjc personally myself, so I thought I would try
firing it up. I ran idjc in a freshly installed development version
(Artful - to be 17.10) of the standard XFCE Ubuntu Studio from the menu,
and it brought up a dialog from which I chose the default profile. When
clicking open, the Internet DJ Console opens up. I don't really know
what you are supposed to do next, but at least the program seems to run
for me.

How did you get the MATE desktop, did you manually install this from the
standard Ubuntu Studio installation? Are you on Zesty (17.04)? The
version is the same in Zesty & Artful (0.8.16).

Cheers,

Ross