Hi Ralf,

I can't help with this, as I have an AMD system, but I've read that performance
can be reduced by up to 50% when using certain SSDs somewhere (in Windows, I
think).

However, this site doesn't list your Celeron G as vulnerable:
https://security-center.intel.com/advisory.aspx?intelid=INTEL-SA-00088&languageid=en-fr
 Do you even need to concern with the patch and performance at this point?

I would also be interested in any hard info on these issues though, as they are
still quite obscure. Are the Spectre patches added or do I have to act some
way? I read that Firefox already patched some vulnerabilities, are those
already in the repositories?

Kind regards