Hi, not sure if this the best place for this post...

I have an asi4215 audio card which supports balanced analogue audio and
AES/EBU digital inputs and outputs.

There seem to be few affordable cards which support this so even though this is
an old card, it's configuration is very useful
(https://lukg.imgeng.in/https://www.prostudioconnection.net/Store/1311/52d5aa76_md.jpeg)

Unfortunately, even though there is a driver available from Audio Science
(3.08.06), it is not included in the distro, and I have had problems compiling
it due to the kernel lacking "firmware_class" support  which prevents the
driver from loading the the required firmware at compile time.
(see
http://rivendell.tryphon.org/wiki/Compiling_Audio_Science_Drivers_for_older_ASI4215,_ASI4300_series_that_are_not_supported_in_the_newest_versions

for instructions, but this kernel seems to have the firmware_class enabled
presumably....)

As the Ubuntu Studio kernel has low latency parameters applied, I am unsure
how to recompile this to support the firmware_class option.

Would it be possible to consider adding this support and the driver to future
releases?

Regards,
Andrew.