I managed to get it done with a workaround, it's not an iso though, but
from my research it seems that it is not really possible, or good to make
an iso from an audio CD because an audio CD doesn't contain data blocks...
a bit too technical for me.

Anyhow, I managed to create a .bin image, which is aparently meant for
audio-CD's, together with a toc by using good old 'Rhythmbox' :-) .

I did have to create a physical CD first though, and in my eyes that is
redundancy, it should be somehow possible to create a bin-file without
having to burn an actual CD.
(I think it used to be possible in previous versions of Ardour, if I
remember it correctly, but now it isn't anymore)
Then in Rhythmbox, copy CD to image, which creates a bin-file.

 When trying the same in K3b, copying the actual physical CD to an image,
K3b again created a series of wav files instead of an image file :-( .

Anyhow, Rhythmbox saved me, I now am sending our album to get pressed..
exciting :-D .

By the way, the artwork and the music, it was all written, recorded and
mixed in ubuntustudio with the extra packages of KX-studio ;-)

grtz,
Bart

http://www.bartart3d.be/
On Twitter <https://twitter.com/Bart_Issimo>