> Missing context. You appear to have replied to the thread in the wrong
> mailing
> list?

I know Steve Langasek but he's not subscribed to this mailing list, and
> if your intent was to bring this mailing list into the discussion, it
> would've
> been better to add this mailing list so that there could've been some sort
> of
> trail to follow, i.e. we could've seen the previous messages for some
> context.

It's the wrong mailing list!  Frescobaldi's developer asked me to add my
voice to this issue and there was a link to the mailing list. I saw the
first few letters of the list and presumed that this (ubuntu-users) is the
one. As I couldn't find the email thread in my archives, I presumed that I
have deleted it. So I thought, copying the email headline and continuing
from the last email will do the job.
How very, very silly of me! So many wrong presumptions.
I do apologise.

> That said, I'm at least tangentially aware of the frescobaldi situation.
> Frescobaldi isn't a package we carry in Ubuntu Studio. Ubuntu Studio is
> merely
> a different default installation of Ubuntu, otherwise it's completely
> Ubuntu
> once installed and not a separate distribution. Therefore, there's no need
> go through Ubuntu Studio for the issues you're having. Steve is one of the
> highest-ranking developers in Ubuntu (above even me), so you're already
> talking to the right people.

Point taken, thank you.

VM