You are being incredibly demanding on someone (me) who isn't paid to do any of
this and that I do it in my spare time. In fact, nobody on my team is paid to
do any
of this. Perhaps a public reminder of this needs to go out via all social media
channels and a blog post?

Either way, this is CC'd to the user support list where this email SHOULD have
gone
to begin with, not to my personal email.

On Monday, August 7, 2023 12:51:56 PM PDT you wrote:
> Mr. Eichmmeyer,
>
> I am sorry if I offended you but based off this kill the messenger
> reaction, I have no other choice but to make some observations and hope
> they will help you as we move forward. After reviewing your Interview, I
> appreciate you taking the helm of Ubuntu Studio as a "Dead Product",
> https://youtu.be/jsg7K78RSvM
> I ask you,
>
> Do you know why it has that reputation?

It had that reputation (pastense, that was an interview from 4 years ago and
was
done by someone who is now a friend) because, before I came along, it literally
had
zero development for the two years prior, so it literally was dead. Now it's
alive and
thriving and no longer has that reputation. But bear in mind, I'm only a
volunteer. I
am *not* paid to do the work, so emailing me directly about a grub issue, which
don't even touch (that's all done at Canonical), is entirely inappropriate when
it's all
done in the bug tracker.

> When Canonical opens the development cycle for the upcoming release, they
> do so with widely available web based file directories with the output of
> Daily Build processes for all interested parties to access. This issue I am
> trying to raise to you is a Dead In the water inability to install
> the Daily Build. If you can't install it, you can't test drive any new
> Studio features. I had hoped that the daily quality assurance tests would
> have stopped errors like this from killing the whole install but this issue
> got by those processes.
>
> I invite you to do the following. Try this yourself and install the current
> Studio Daily Build and try any of the new features your team has been
> working on.
>
> Does it install? If not, who's working on it?

I just had an upgrade error involving GRUB on Mantic, so that tells me it's not
isolated. However, again, that's not Ubuntu Studio's issue because, and I
cannot
stress this enough:

UBUNTU STUDIO IS NOT A SEPARATE DISTRIBUTION FROM UBUNTU. It is *merely*
a different default installation. Nothing more, nothing less.

The foundations team at Canonical is working on it. I am not employed by
Canonical.

> I would submit that the issues are not with Grub changes but Studio's calls
> to Grub that are failing. I had also observed when trying to salvage this
> install by performing Grub installation using a recovery LiveUSB that the
> Linux Kernel level was an older much out of date of the low-latency Kernel.
> This has the signs of one of your developer's quitting and the last present
> was to promote broken code with the backleveled  lowlatency kernel as a
> secondary knife in the back.

That is false. Ubuntu Studio does not oversee the development of the Lowlatency
kernel. That's, again, done by the Canonical at the kernel team.

> You may want to check the original reporter of this issue I am trying to
> bring to your attention.
> Is he still waiting for your team to get a working install package
> available or did he give up and consider this distro dead because the
> appropriate parties haven't fixed it.

Again, not my team, and you're being very demanding of people who are
volunteering their time and not paid to do this. I'm not paid to do this,
neither is
anybody on my team.