On 2018-04-10 10:09, Simos Xenitellis wrote:
When I try to perform a package update after installation, I get this error:

myusername@virtualbox:~$ sudo apt update
Σφάλμα:1 http://gr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic InRelease
   403  Forbidden [IP: 83.235.64.44 80]
Σφάλμα:2 http://gr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-updates InRelease
   403  Forbidden [IP: 83.235.64.44 80]
Σφάλμα:3 http://gr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-backports InRelease
   403  Forbidden [IP: 83.235.64.44 80]
Hit:4 http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic-security InRelease

What happened, is that the default http repository URL for Greece (and
possibly Cyprus) has the "/ubuntu" path appended to it, while it is
not needed.
That is, Ubuntu tries to connect to
http://gr.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu while it should just have used
http://gr.archive.ubuntu.com/ (without /ubuntu/) instead.

The correct settings are (Greece, default repository settings):

HTTP: http://ubuntu.otenet.gr/              <- without /ubuntu/
FTP:   ftp://ftp.otenet.gr/ubuntu/

The question is, how/where do we make this fix?

Open Software & Updates and change to some other server there. gr.archive.ubuntu.com isn't even an option there, so it may be new. Either a bug in the installer, or the new mirror has not been set up correctly.

(Please note that this is off topic on the ubuntu-translators mailing list.)

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj