Hi Aliaksandr, and sorry for late reply.

Thanks for reviving the efforts to translate Ubuntu into Belarusian!

There is a problem with the name of your team, since it uses the country code "by" instead of the language code "be". You may think that I'm nitpicking now, but it may be of some significance. If, for instance, I see a bug report about some Belarusian translation issue, I will likely want to assign it to your team. So I go to <https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-l10n-be> but find that the page does not exist.

To avoid that kind of confusion going forward, and use the same naming scheme as other Ubuntu translators teams, I would recommend that you consider to rename it to ~ubuntu-l10n-be. That would of course mean that some links would need to be changed, but I think it may be worth that effort.

As regards the team coordinator, that's up to the team and/or the Belarus team to decide upon. You know better than me if there are any local procedures in place for that decision. As long as it works, the Ubuntu Translations Coordinators team has no reason to interfere. So it sounds to me as if you are the new coordinator already. Congrats. :)

From my POV it's important that at least one active team member, including the coordinator, is subscribed to this mailing list. Announcements and calls for testing related to translations of Ubuntu will be posted here. This list may also serve as a HUB for cooperating with other translators teams.

Some notes which may be relevant to mention since you are new:

* Most of the translation of Ubuntu actually happens upstream (GNOME, Debian, etc.). It's important that you cooperate closely with other Belarusian FOSS translators, to avoid duplication of efforts.

* Some packages have their home and should be translated at Launchpad.

* Some upstream packages are modified in Ubuntu, and to the extent the modifications include translatable strings, they need to be translated at Launchpad even if the rest of those packages are translated elsewhere.

* Please keep an eye on the release schedule for respective cycle, e.g. <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EoanErmine/ReleaseSchedule>.

There is probably a lot more to say, but I'll stay here. Please don't hesitate to come back here with questions.

I wish you and the rest of the Belarusian translators team all luck!

Cheers,