Joseph,

Thanks for the offer and I can clearly see there is a very robust set of
positions regarding Forums usage. I know we had this conversation before
and felt at the time the Maillist suited the assemblage of current
Ubuntu UK Team members. However in the strictest sense of any community
project there is absolutely nothing stopping you or anyone simply
creating the forums and letting people know they are avialable to use. I
realise that people dont want to split the community but the community
is at its best when it self organises and to that end opportunities
cannot really be defined or restricted by technical demerits or
specifications. So   nothing stops the forums being created and we can
add them to the Wiki so people know they are there. If they are
succesful im sure they will thrive and I am sure it will widen to
audience of potential UK Members. It will be a shame though that as a
result of this that some efforts may become duplicated and some
communication will be missed.

My personal preferences are to use the Mailing list, however if a Forum
exists I will make sure I drop in and keep an eye on it and let people
know about the mailing list and the archvies and the thriving
communication we have here as well as the IRC Channels.

Can I assume this has been the consensus of the group ?

And So say all of us ?[1]

[1] Loving the current Battlestar Galactica.